Vegan Cottage Cheese Recipe:
Cottage cheese is a great addition to many breakfast items, such as waffles, or homemade muffins. Many even use it in morning breakfast sandwiches.
However, when one goes vegan, they often have to deny this delicacy in order to live by their morals.
That does not always have to be the case, because you can make some delicious vegan cottage cheese alternative from the comfort of your own kitchen!
This quick and easy vegan cottage cheese recipe works well for any occasion, and provides a great boost of nutrition, and it does not take to long.
- 1 box of silken tofu (non-silken will also work, but Silken gives it a more creamy texture.)
- 1 Pinch of Dill
- Teaspoon of lemon
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Nutritional Yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To start off, grab a mixing bowl, and add in the silken tofu.
- Then, taking your hands, crush the tofu until it becomes a chunky-like consistency.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients, and stir them together. Add some water if necessary to make it look more like cottage cheese. (The nutritional yeast will give it a more cheesy flavor, although it might make it an off yellow color.)
- Put in fridge to chill
- Serve when ready.
Looking for knowing more about vegan cheese recipes check this out : The ultimate guide to knowing everything about vegan cheese. Inside you can find the 3 best and easiest recipes, which yield really good results but are very easy to follow : cashew ricotta recipe , vegan mac and cheese recipe and vegan cheddar olive balls recipe.
Feel welcome to share this delicious recipe on Pinterest and Facebook!
good appetite! ♥